EKamold® CAST-M SUSPENSION AS RELEASE AGENT ON METAL SUBSTRATES IN CONTACT WITH LIQUID ALUMINUM
In foundries, corrosion of metal casting ladles by molten aluminum is a constant challenge. Cost factors are wear and the downtime for changing and recoating the ladles. Another problem is contamination of the melt with iron.
With the EKamold® Cast-M suspension, ESK offers a novel, water-based coating that greatly improves the coating life. EKamold® Cast-M is ideal as corrosion protection for all typical cast and steel alloys in contact with liquid aluminum.
- Casting ladles
- Casting molds
- Environmentally friendly
- No harmful or toxic emissions during heating
- Free choice of application technology (e.g. brushing, spraying, dipping)
- Coating films up to 1.5 mm can be applied
- No cracking of the coating due to rapid temperature cycles
- Melt does not stick to cast skin
- Good thermal insulation
- Self hardening
- Ready to use
- Protects metal substrate against attack by molten aluminum
- Longer casting-ladle lifetime increases productivity